What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Monday, 27 August, mowing

I finally found time to bush hog behind our pasture fence along the stream.  It was overgrown and included some poison ivy. In this picture, I ran over the top part of an oak tree that had fallen in last storm. Our bull "Red" came over to see what I was doing.

This is the view back across paddock #3 with the sun going down.

I got quite a bit of brush, grass, and weeds mowed back to the tree line. I hope to soon have new fencing up around the south 20 acres, so this should be the last time I mow this area - the cows, sheep, and soon to be added meat goats will be grazing this stuff from now on. There are several acres of grazing land between this fence on the left and the stream on the right.

In some areas I was able to mow a wide swath such as this - other areas were narrow because of trees or the stream bank. There are two things to notice in this photo: 1) lower left has a bunch of chopped leaves which are poison ivy, which I somehow got a little on my right arm moving logs and branches; and 2) far right, across the pasture, you can see new light colored doors on our hay storage shed which were built by a good friend and his son this morning (wish I had thought to take pictures while they were working).

I came back after returning the tractor, and brought K8 to help me gather up all the branches and logs I uncovered or moved while mowing. He did not get any poison ivy on him. Can't wait to burn all these brush piles and finish cleaning up this area.

4 comments:

  1. Your farm is gorgeous! I LOVE the second pic...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah . . . it's beautiful : D Poison Ivy : / ahhhh! I'm so sorry : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Fun!!!!
    I will have to agree it is pretty! : )

    ReplyDelete