What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Hay delivery

Because of the drought this summer, we needed to buy hay this fall, and lots of it. I had pre-ordered it from a friend before the price sky-rocketed. It arrived last week. Fortunately, the boys were happy to combine work with play.

Since we don't have a tractor with front-end loader, the bales of hay came off the trailer the old fashioned way - heave ho with muscle power.

There she goes! First bale down.

Once all the top bales were pushed off, the bottom row was easier to roll off the back end...

...the last two...

...then play time began for the boys.



I borrowed a hay spike to attach on the back of the tractor, so I could move one bale at a time by backing into it, lifting it, and driving it into the corral, then backing it into place before dropping it. 

The rest of these pics are of the boys jumping and having fun.





Is that a size 14 shoe coming at the photographer? 

The day started out chilly, but it didn't take long for the jackets to come off. 

I particularly enjoyed seeing the brotherly togetherness and helping of one another.


Ham or Hamlet?

Do you trust me?

Of course, I never doubted you brother.

Somebody call ESPN. Do they have a hay jumping team sport? We're ready for competition.

Leave no man behind - especially your brother.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! You guys always manage to find some kind of fun . . . every time I read your blog I smile : ) The last pics is great . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were several good pictures! I'm happy to see the brotherly togetherness too. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a BLAST! :P LOL!! LOVE the pics!

    ReplyDelete