What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Stuck in mud

We had quite a rain fall last week, and with a Scout camp out over the weekend, I stayed busy pulling "stuck" vehicles out of the mud - two trucks  from this spot on Saturday (our shooting range), and two Friday night in the dark from down below at the foot of the ridge along our stream.

Love having free use of my brother-in-law's tractor (well, not totally free - I pay the annual personal property tax on it).

Getting pretty good at using the tractor and two chains to pull just about anything.

I will be back on the tractor later this week clearing a lot of brush in and around the woods on the hill side, and opening up driving lanes and hiking trails (for me and our local deer population) between various areas. I need more area for grass to grow to feed the new animals I'll place up here once we get the fencing up next month.

5 comments:

  1. Well that stinks! Is it covered in mud now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing!
    THAT STINKS! I am glad you got them all out of the mud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MUD! I'm glad you were able to get everyone out : P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bwahahaha! Gotta love those tractors! I need to get a good pair of Wellies. This was a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had nightmares last night about the copperheads ya'll took out. If I hate snakes so badly you'd think this was a dream, but I was haunted by the fact K3 had actually experienced a copperhead bite. I had to get up and watch an hour of CNN news before falling back to sleep. From CNN I learned today is the 25th anniversary of "The Princess Bride!"

    ReplyDelete