What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Black snake

Last Thursday afternoon, while driving around up on our farm's hill side, I spotted a long black "stick looking thing" on the pond bank. I suspected it was a snake since there were no sticks on the bank a few days ago. It's head is on the right. 

I sent K7 to take photos. It looked to be about 4 feet long, and started down the back of the bank.

Not a poisonous snake, so he gets to live. He better find a hole for his winter hibernation, because the weather is about to get cold in the Ozarks. 

6 comments:

  1. Snakes . . . Those are like one of my biggest fears!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew...good it wasn't a poisonous snake! Although you guys probably would have enjoyed blasting it to pieces if it was poisonous! :) Ha ha ha!
    BIGH...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - we are always "packing" and ready to blast the poisonous ones! But with the cold weather coming, we are rapidly running out of chances to eliminate any more cooperheads or cottonmouths this year - we'll get the rest of them next year!

      Delete
  3. Yikes Dad... Dont get killed by a poisonous one okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to look up what a cottonmouth snake looks like again. I recently added one of those Sawyer, venom remover, kits to my medical to-go bag. It's better to be prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEKKK! They still scare me, poisonous or not!

    ReplyDelete