What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Dad's faithful helper

Last Wednesday afternoon. K7 removing the chains from the tractor so we can connect the bush-hog, and get back to mowing brush.

I mowed around the new pond and reclaimed about 2-3 acres of brush, brambles, and saplings that will now be grass for our animals.

Gee, must be getting cooler, because K7 was not wearing his coat a few minutes ago.

While I mowed, K7 spread more grass seed. This is about the center line of our land on the hill side - it is mostly grass to the left, and used to be mostly woods and brush to the right, but while we'll always have lots of woods, we're opening up a little more grass lands.  

I finally hit and ran over a sapling that was a tad too thick for the bush hog to handle, which caused the safety shear bolt to break. At that point the bush hog stops functioning until I can install another safety bolt. K7 drove the truck and followed me back to the house, which was a good thing because it was 5:15 P.M. and we had to be at church for Boy Scouts by 6:00.

3 comments:

  1. The benefit for being Dad's helper is getting to drive the truck. Sweet! It pays to listen and obey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Driving!!! FUN! It' like my Dream to drive a truck all my uncles have one, but have yet to let me drive one . . . : ( lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think that the pond used to be where the dump was. What a difference.
    You look like you're having a lot of fun Dad.

    ReplyDelete