What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wanch Water Hole #1

I don't pay my wanch hands money, so I have to find cheap ways to reward them for their hard work. Swimming in the pond is the most popular reward. Hence the reason for my last post on snapping turtles.

K2 is the oldest son and the hardest working.

K8 works if properly supervised. He thinks some jobs are stinkier than others...

...but he knows that there are fun things every day.

Clearing and burning brush is a regular chore. The weather has recently been in the high 80's and low 90's, so after work, they enjoy a cooling dip in the pond. The forecast for this coming week is low 80's and high 70's. Might be a good week to visit the Wanch!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good reward to me! : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maddie! I thought you said swimming in the pond was a bad idea! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter, the pics are fantastic, I keep up to date on the Whipple Ranch weekly. Hows things, all good here apart from the constant rain :(

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete