What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Book reading list for the past two weeks.

I had lots of time on planes and trains to read. Philp Wylie wrote mostly science fiction in the 1950's and 60's, but this one involves a plot by communist Soviet Union (Russia) to smuggle atom bomb parts into various US cities, assemble the bombs and then detonate them. This story was written over 40 years ago... Food for thought.

I picked up an illustrated version of this classic in Scotland. KT and I both enjoyed reading it. They had a version written in "Scottish" lingo, but it would have taken us a few years to translate it. I opted to go with the English edition.

I can't resist fiction that covers Roman-era Britain. 

This is the first book I have ever read on my iPhone.
I also read two other books, both from many decades ago. One was written by Anthony Hope who wrote "The Prisoner of Zenda".  

No comments:

Post a Comment