What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...

or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; This is the very first sentence of the 1st Amendment to the  Constitution of the United States. That popped into my head when I saw the American flag flying outside the Temple. It was Saturday, 4 June, and my 4 sons and I exercised that right by joining 140 members of our congregation at the St Louis Temple for several hours. So much for sleeping in late or recovering from jet lag upon my return from UK yesterday. We were out of the house at 6:45 A.M. and drove three hours back to St Louis. Great day in spite of the sunny 100 degree temp! Can't help but feel a good spirit at the Temple. It was K2's idea to sit up straight with our hands on our knees. K6 exercised his freedom and vetoed the idea. God, Country and Family all in one photo.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the weather was nice, so we could go to the temple! We all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great picture of you guys! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! Beautiful to see all my brothers and my Dad with the Flag on the Temple grounds :)

    ReplyDelete