What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

We are frequent visitors to Andrew's cafe, as are most of his customers. It is a bit like seeing family every day. I spend more time chatting than updating my blog on the cafe's wifi. Alan and Eddie are both retired teachers. Alan is now a Church of England pastor. 

Eddie invited us to his ideal home. It is filled with books, art, and mementos of his many hikes through woods and forests! His family has lived in this house since 1935 when his Grandfather built the entire neighborhood. He gave K3 a  humorous book on Liverpool, a city and its history on which he has a wealth of knowledge.

Eddie will be guiding us on a walking tour of Liverpool next week, and he has arranged for me to receive some acupuncture treatment for my "tennis" elbow.

K3 has been very diligent in communicating with family back home, either by email or "real" mail. I  wrote one postcard to K7 going out in this batch, and will send more postcards from Edinburgh this week.

No, KT did not phone home. That is something ET would do. This is another "staged" photo...

2 comments:

  1. I love all the photos. I am experiencing England through your pics. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur about the pictures! What a wonderful tool the internet can be.

    ReplyDelete