What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

More shots from Scotland

Our Coach driver, Allan. Retired Army. History degree. Greatly loves his native Scotland and Queen Elizabeth II. Can't imagine a better tour guide - very knowledgeable, fun, and entertaining. He also had created his own CD mix of Scottish music to play while not talking.

What great fortune! Our B&B was near the best part of town - the part with all the old book shops! Heaven...

I was actually thankful for the few times it rained, because then I could head into a book shop and browse wonderful old books.

KT and the Castle.

Edinburgh is a great city to get some exercise. Lots of stone steps - all going up.

I never got tried of seeing this pile of rocks.

A shot from top of the National History museum. A very good museum.

The old city library is just up the street from The Elephant restaurant. Look at the motto above the door - Let There Be Light.

My absolute favorite book shop.

Yes, another shot of The Castle...I have plenty more.

Halfway up toward the Castle looking back south into Grassmarket. Notice the other set of steps directly across from us? Which direction do they go? UP!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lovey, you are so handsome. I love looking at your face in the book shop. Our favorite place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are a book worm. Gee, you sure are getting on in years, eh? And still retain that wonderful sense of humor we love! All those stairs are just helping you stay in shape.
    Oh boy, I hope I didn't mess up my chance of getting some chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of your time spent in these book shops.

    ReplyDelete