What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hungry? Time for another food tour!

KT and I decided that this was our favorite breakfast choice the last few days at the Bed and Breakfast in Edinburgh - lite and tasty. It gave us enough energy to walk up and down Edinburgh and still have room to enjoy a lunch later in the day. The gigantic traditional full Scottish breakfast was just too much food - you needed to go lay down for a rest after eating and skip lunch. 

Our after lunch sweet at "Liz MacGregor's" cafe in the village of Aberfoyle, in the Trossachs.

Excellent little Japanese place in Edinburgh. Tuna, my favorite...

...they also had the best Tempura veggies and chicken skewers.

We found a fabulous Greek place called "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant". Started with calamari - the one on the right is spicey chilli.

The best lamb kebobs in the world! This is not my plate. I wolfed mine down, but the American couple at the next table liked the looks of my dish so much that they ordered the same. They split one plate. The wife asked if I wanted to take a picture since I was bemoaning the fact I missed my photo.

Eating healthy from Marks & Spencer store.

Eaten in the sunny park below Edinburgh Castle.


See how healthy...

...and with British chicken, not French.

What better to follow a healthy lunch with than a fresh baked healthy chocolate cookie... 

...why, a whole packet of healthy cookies! Don't worry, we spread them out throughout the whole day.

Another healthy meal at The Elephant.





Aunt M had this wonderful supper ready for us upon our return from Edinburgh. Arrived home about 7:30 P.M.

This morning's breakfast at Andrew's Copper Kettle - black pudding and tomatoes with hot chocolate.

The CK is very popular and stays busy for hours.

The Elephant House.

The back room where J K Rowling wrote her first Harry Potter novel.


3 comments:

  1. This food tour was lovely and so you. You should be a food critic. You take wonderful pics of food. Making friends through food, could be the title because that is what you do. Aunt Margaret's table was divine, let her know. It could have been an elegant restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tour of the British Isles would not be complete without mention of food. I would love to try Marks & Spencer's lunch wraps. The coconut and lemongrass sounds tasty. The brownie with shaved chocolate looked sweet too. Aunt M's food is also delish. I only wish she would allow the consumer to serve their own portions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I've been eating so healthy this last week and cut sugar almost completely out of my diet. I think it makes viewing your food posts extra difficult. I keep thinking of their lovely pastries and superior chocolate. I'm trying something new with my health because I'm sure I was depleted of vitamins and nutrients for months after I delivered our first. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete