What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

When driving through hell, keep driving!

I don't normally call my boyhood state of Oklahoma hell, but given the 109 F temperature today as I was returning to Missouri after a quick weekend visit to my father and sister's house, it may have been appropriate...

...especially as I looked at all the cornfields that had burnt up during the current drought.


The temperature actually went up to 110 between Tulsa and Joplin.

This was a cornfield outside of Joplin.

We really need lots of rain!

What kind of food do you eat when in this realm? Why, mini-coney chili dogs smothered in onions, with a little red cayenne hot pepper sprinkled on top. Yummy!

There is only one place to get these delicious little gut bombs - Coney Islander, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They started in 1921, and there are several locations spread around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment