What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Little rain on Saturday, and a lot more Sunday

After 3 weeks of 100 degree temps and bone dry weather, with the occasional rain hitting way north or south of us, I stopped along the highway Saturday afternoon to take this picture of gray clouds passing overhead, thinking this would again be the closest we came to rain, but...

...I was wrong. One minute after I took the photo of clouds and resumed driving home, this happened! I asked K7 to take this shot. We have been praying for rain because our pastures are just about burnt up.

I got home a few minutes later and prayed it would keep pouring.

It changed into a hard misting rain for a few more minutes, then stopped.

Our grass is so brown and dry, Red had to resort to eating green leaves on the big Sycamore tree in paddock #2.

As happy and grateful as we were on Saturday for a little rain, we were even more thankful Sunday evening when the heavens opened up again and gave us lots more water. It pounded down for quite a while, accompanied by thunder and lightening.


The animals greatly appreciated the cooling rain, and they will appreciate the greening grass is more later in the week.

3 comments:

  1. I really like all the rain photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur Laney. Happy story too for the animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love looking at rain . . . when it started raining I was so excited . . . just because I love to look at it and I always like the smell after it rains . . . it feels so refreshing : D

    ReplyDelete