What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Boy Scout Summer High Venture Trip

Monday morning at the trail head, somewhere in the Ozarks.

Forrest Ranger came to see them off because our Scouts doing a project for him - push the yellow wheel and measure distances along trail.

Also picked up trash at the trail head.

Our group returned 15 minutes after heading out. They apparently headed north instead of south, but got turned back around soon enough.

Meanwhile, our logistics staff was staging lots of kayaks at the base camp we located at the mid-point of trek.

More of our logistics staff provided the crew with a grilled steak supper Wednesday evening.

Happy campers!

This was my plate. I guess I should have brought better plates because my steak juice and pocket knife did a number on the paper...the juice ended up down below on the ice chest.

Breakfast Thursday morning was "sugar" cereals and fresh cold milk - something you don't normally find along the wilderness trail. Oh yea, there was "Tang", the official orange juice of astronauts.

After breakfast, we headed for the boat landing to launch our flotilla on the river.

K7 waited for the crowd to thin out before launching.

There they go!

Here they come - 10 miles down river. K7 was supposed to take pictures on the float trip, but forgot his camera at base camp.

"Hey, I need to take a group picture".

I jokingly told them to arrange themselves by boat color...and they did! K7 is the guy in center of photo in red boat with his paddle straight up.

"Alright, everyone out of the water!" and bring your kayaks with you.

Logistics staff back in action loading up the boats for the drive home while Scouts get back on the trail for two more days.

Somewhere along the trail up in the mountains.

K7 pitched his tent next to this tree, and then discovered his new neighbor.

Saturday morning pit stop for a swim.

This was Wednesday evening at Base Camp. Our Bishop came out to present a fireside chat, complete with a TV and gas generator to run it! We were spiritually fed. Great week, great outing. What should we do for next year's big summer Scout trip?

4 comments:

  1. That looks like you all had SO MUCH FUN!!! I LOVE the float trip pictures! I didn't get to do that at Girl's Camp...it looks like so much fun! On the last photo I was like...What in the world? There's a TV out in the wilderness! Isn't that breaking the rules? LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would NOT be able to sleep if I saw that spider...just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look like a great adventure. The color grouping on the river is my favorite part. Or the TV at a camp-site. K7 is getting so grown up!
    I bet K7 did a Ronald Weasley impression when that spider came out! Hehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pics! It looks like the boys really had a great time together! So was that like the boy version of "GIRLS CAMP" : D lol? Yeah, I agree with Laney . . . spiders aren't really my thing . . .lol I'm glad it went well and that you all had TONS of outdoor FUN!

    ReplyDelete