What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Special Veteran's Day at the Wanch!

An American bald eagle visited this afternoon. K8 said it was because of Veteran's Day. Everybody was excited and ran for a camera. I had mine in my pocket, but I really need a better zoom lens. 

These pictures really don't do justice to what we saw. The eagle appeared much closer to us than pics indicate. 

It's white head and tail were very clearly seen. K7 and I thought we heard an eagle's screech a half hour earlier than we saw it. Very distinctive sound.

Any day I see a bald eagle over my house is a great day!

2 comments:

  1. That's REALLY cool!
    Happy Veterans Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'll say, a very fine day! I don't believe I've seen one in person yet.

    ReplyDelete