What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

School recess!

K8 and K7 had some buddies over today and were cooped up inside most of the day due to rainy weather, so when it stopped, I let them go outside to play. Of course, I believe in structured play, so I gave them the toys I wanted them to play with and created a new game...

After watching the gardening film, "Back to Eden", last month I got excited about implementing what I had learned. I phoned our local Electric Coop power company and signed up as a volunteer to receive wood chips as they become available. I thought it would be months before I saw my first load, but within a week a truck appeared at my gate and I had them dump it at the edge of the garden. Wish I had taken a "before" picture of the huge pile. The boys did a good job of spreading it out. My goal is to get 3 or 4 more truck loads and bury the entire garden under 6" of wood chips to create a "Back to Eden" Garden! No fertilizing, no weeding, and no watering - no joke. Watch the film, and then watch it grow.

1 comment:

  1. That should look much better than the weeds that were growing before! Excellent game for young energy too!

    ReplyDelete