What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Freedom to Choose



Today is Election Day. No, not for the President of the U.S., but there are various of the 50 States holding elections today across the country for various people, offices, or initiatives. The citizens are having their say.

One year from today will be the "Big" Election Day to determine who will serve 4 years as the President of the U.S. There is a better than 80% chance that one of these 6 men will be elected.

They are lined up on this page in alphabetic order according to the spelling of their last name...not in order of my personal preferences.

If you are a legal citizen of the U.S. and will be 18 years of age or older by next November 2012, I highly recommend you do your homework. Please research each candidate's resume and personal history in order to make an educated and intelligent decision about who we should trust to occupy the White House and be our Nation's chief executive...the best man to lead our Nation in the right direction for peace, prosperity and stability in accordance with the vision of our Founding Fathers.

Yes, it is also appropriate (and so far still allowed) to pray about our decisions.







7 comments:

  1. Okay, of the six people pictured on this page, I recognize three of them - which is 50% - which is an F.

    Of the three I recognize, I only know the names of two of them - which is 33.3% - which is also an F.

    Houston, we have a problem. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Hitler I saw there raising his arm?
    Ryan got off work a little early to vote. There was no way I could vote this time, but I will certainly get a baby-sitter for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Rick Perry was a bad man but I had no idea the extent of his stupidity. He's been my governor for ten years!! Wow... So he's out. Cain worked for the federal reserve for a decade, he's out. I'd be happy if Romney got it just like I was happy Obama got in, in the aspect that it was a large step for this country to elect a black man just as it will be to elect a Mormon.... But Ron Paul knows the real issues of why this country is going down the wrong path. He knows the problems, what would happen if we don't fix them, and how to fix them. He's the only candidate that you can actually will believe will bring the troops home. And the only one that actually knows what he's talking about instead of continuously repeating crowd pleasing sound bites for the news to replay.
    I need to stop, I can go on all day. - Ron Paul 2012

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband wrote that.....it's pretty obvious...im ashamed to see he was glad Obama got in and I don't want Romney to be President because he is a Latter Day Saint....that would be ridiculous to elect a candidate based on professed religious beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voting local is just as important as voting for president. I don't know why only a pitiful number vote for their local representatives. Why would you trust your neighbors to know what's best for your family and future? You have only yourself to blame if you don't like what's going on in your community. I'm not directing this at anyone specifically because most people don't vote in local politics. It mystifies me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan told me that only 40 people showed up to vote in our neighborhood at the fire station. And a lot were from our street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie, I didn't want Obama to win. I thought it was amazing for a country so deep into repressing African Americans to elect a man whos father was an African, I thought the fact that he's black was pretty cool and is THE ONLY reason I was excited for Obama, let me say it again, is because he's black.
    Second, for a man to be elected president that is a Mormon would be another amazing feat for this country after all the years of repression from the people and a few politicians of this country to elect a Mormon. Don't assume that would the only reason I would support Romney nor assume that I liked Obama or any of his decisions while in office. I mentioned one opinion of mine and it seemed as you thought that was my Only opinion. Which you of all people should know there is more than just one layer to my reasoning, logic, and opinion. I'm guessing you stopped reading my comment about Obama and Romney for that matter when I said, "I'd be happy if Romney got it just like I was happy Obama got in, in the aspect that it was a large step for this country to elect a black man just as it will be to elect a Mormon...."
    Hope I cleared up your ashamed thoughts on my opinion.

    ReplyDelete