What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Wild Asparagus

K7 and I were inspecting the pastures, and discovered a marvelous treasure from heaven - asparagus growing wild! Probably seeds dropped by a bird, or I fed the cows hay that had seed in it. Who knows, but I got real excited since I love fresh asparagus and have always wanted to grow it.

This was the day after all the rain finally stopped, and the paddocks behind me were pretty soggy. I dug up a dozen plants with massive muddy root balls.

And now I have a head start on the asparagus bed I had been dreaming of putting in some day in the future. I also had the added treat of eating lots of fresh asparagus while digging and planting. Now if we can just finish getting a fence up and around our garden to keep the goat from eating everything...

2 comments:

  1. Look at you on your land! The asparagus was probably sent by God since you needed more greens that you would choose to eat. We like you around, and not just in pictures. Congratulations on the wild find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He ate most of the wild asparagus while he was digging. But, I was able to get some too. Yum.

    ReplyDelete