What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Darn, more white stuff out in the pasture!

No, not snow...sheep. You see I had sold "Shaggy" and her daughter Saturday to a nice family in northwestern Missouri. It decreased the size of our flock from 10 to 8, but it was the first official livestock sold from the farm. I called S and all 4 boys into the dining room after the sale and divided the profits. If everybody works, everybody gets paid. Of course S and I, as the two biggest stock-holders received the biggest share of the profit. I am trying to teach the boys old school American capitalism...
As for K7's color and style coordination, yes, he does it all by himself.

That was Saturday. So early this morning (Thursday), I looked out the window and what do I see? Two new bright white little puff-balls in the middle of my pasture. Also, you can see the color of the grass change along the right-hand fence line. We rotate all the animals to a new paddock every Thursday to ensure they get plenty of fresh grass. 

"Snow White" had delivered 2 little girls just before dawn.

I am selling "Spot", "Yogurt" and her twins this month, but keeping "Booboo", "Snow White" and her 2 daughters (above) as a harem for our tough ram, "Mutt". Should have 8 new babies this time next year. After seeing how much hardy, disease resistant St Croix sheep sell for, K7 asked me this morning if he could buy "Yogurt" to start his own flock. The kid is thinking, so I just might sell her to him with a slight family discount...

No comments:

Post a Comment