What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

New look across the stream

The first thing you notice is that the stream is full of water after our summer drought and last night's down pour of heavy rain.

Then you look up the road and see how beautifully clear it is under the trees. We kept the majority of the trees, which are mostly White Oaks.

Remember this July 2011 shot of our inherited "family" dump up on our hill side? Pretty ugly, and this photo was taken after we had a bull dozer "clean it up" by pushing the wide spread mess into a pile.

Then we burned it a few times, and pulled lots of metal out of it...

...but still had an ugly pile with assorted trash.

Check it out NOW! All gone and replaced with a very small pond. I love it. Yes, I wish the pond was a lot bigger, but I didn't want to pay a bigger bill. Maybe someday in the future. For now, I am very happy. Speaking of happy, K7 is loading up an ammo magazine for an AK-47 that a friend loaned us. A truck, a chain saw, and a gun - three big tools a guy needs in the woods.



Doesn't he look happy? I think he is adding an AK 47 to his wish list that he's mailing to Santa. Last night's rain gave us a start with a few inches of water. Where did all the nasty trash go? The metal is off to the side so we can haul it to the metal recycling center, and everything else is buried under the back of dam. Sweet! 

5 comments:

  1. BIGH! LOL :D Your property looks so pretty and I bet it feels great to have that all cleaned up : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived in the country. These pics remind me of my growing up years - minus the AK 47!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, it looks amazing Dad! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it turned out well, and he came in way under budget! Now if I can get the fencing to come in under budget, I'll really be happy. I brush hogged the upper pasture today in preparation for the scout campout - it was getting pretty "brushy". Now with the brush gone, it has a lot of grass, so I can't wait to let the cattle go eat it.

      Delete
  4. I concur, it looks free and clear there! With beautiful colors for fall too.

    ReplyDelete