What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A day in the pasture

Every day begins with me standing at the window, or on the back porch, looking over our little pastoral domain, and thinking about what chores need to be done.

This particular morning (Tuesday), K7 and I had to go pop the top off the 2-hole water bubbler between paddocks #1 and #2, and tinker with it, because it was constantly over flowing. Not good, since it means I'm paying more in my electric bill to pay for my well pump which is constantly running. Temporarily fixed it, but because it is so old, I bought a new float assembly later in the day, so we'll replace it next time it goes haywire. 

Then we spread more winter rye grass seed on the paddocks.

While spreading seed, we would occasionally stop and pick-up rocks laying on the ground. As you can see, there are lots of rocks. I have this dream of having perfect pastures - that should keep me and the boys busy until I die in 32 more years. 

As if throwing grass seed and picking rocks wasn't enough, the boys like to spend their spare time picking up walnuts. Mainly because they can sell every truckload for about $70. These boys are true American capitalists and very motivated to make money.

1 comment: