What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Road Trip photos

All good trips involve good food. In this case, a Greek meal at Zorba's in Oklahoma City. Started with a pita and hummus appetizer.  

Followed by a delicious Gyros sandwich and taboli salad.

Grand Dad in his Man Cave reading newspapers. We spend most of our time chatting and watching the news. We started watching the OU vs OSU football game, but unfortunately OU quickly fell behind, which allowed us to change the channel to Fox News and watch the 2 hour Republican Presidential Forum hosted by Mike Huckebee. It was very well done and allowed us to get an in dept look at each candidate without any bashing or dumb questions. We both think that a Romney/Bachman ticket would give the Republicans their best team against Obama/Biden in 2012.

I was amazed that Edmond, Oklahoma, has a dog park.

For citizens with tiny yards to bring their dogs to a large open area. Glad I live on a farm with plenty of room for our dogs, cats and boys to roam without putting any of them on a leash.

The fastest route to visiting Grand Dad means taking toll roads.

Toll roads with lots of construction.

Tulsa also has major highway expansion work going on.

More toll roads.

This land mark is pretty cool - a giant McDonald's stretching above the highway in Vinita, OK.

Sunset at the end of a fun road trip.

And since the trip began with food, I must also eat at the end of the journey. Fixed a cheese qusedilla made with jalapeno tortillas. 

4 comments:

  1. I've passed that McDonald's going to and from Time Out OKC twice. I really want to take the boys there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I salivated looking at that Greek food. I love the choice of food and am going to look that place up for a future road trip. Thanks for the free advertisement!
    Who took the pictures while you were driving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Greek food looks amazing....I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lot of FUN! It's funny cause my family and I pass by that McDonalds every time we got to Texas! : D

    ReplyDelete