What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Pot roast, fine china, and tea

We had a snow day two Sundays back which cancelled Church. We had a mid day meal of pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy and yorkshire pudding. Mom decided that after 37.5 years, and no children in the house anymore, we should probably start using her nice dinner ware on Sundays.  

She also served herb tea. The boys loved it. The jars of jam on K7's corner of the table were for their yorkshire pudding. I probably won't be allowed to drink tea anymore as I was ham-handed while washing my dishes and dropped my tea cup, breaking the handle.  I suspect the fine china will go back into long term safe keeping since I can't afford to buy any replacements.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good : P My mom doesn't let us use her fine China unless it's a really special occasion or holiday : )

    ReplyDelete