What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Animal bonding

I spotted this earlier in the week, and ran to grab my camera. I was hoping the black heifer would stand up with the lamb still onboard, but didn't happen. Both cows are daughters of our bull, Red. The black one should calf in late May, and the dun should calf early October. Both will be for sale this year after I get their lab test results from Texas A&M.

Herd getting their vitamin supplement. We use a recipe of sea kelp and Redmon salt given to us by our friends at 5 Ponds Farm, where we bought Red, Darlin, and Mutt back in 2010. Our herd will change this year as we sell two dairy girls, one dairy steer, and put the red steer in the freezer. I'll be adding three registered Dexter girls within two weeks.

2 comments: