What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fun Work

K7 trying out a new pellet gun that was donated to our scout troop. The boys are already scheduling a shooting activity for the troop.

K8 had a go on it as well.

K2 is building a house for his uncle. Yes, it is inside a steel building - should hold up well in a storm!

After waiting 4 weeks for the right people with the right equipment, we finally had some of our paddocks mowed and baled. Not prime grass anymore, but I'm happy.

K7 and K8 re-installing the gate to paddock #4 after a friend did some welding repairs to the brackets. Our heifer Sandie, standing behind the other gate in paddock #6, is recuperating from her de-horning.

K7 and K8 developed a routine - K7 loaded the bales up from the ground onto the truck, and K8 stacked them.

Either way, they both had a good work-out with their biceps and backs. Maybe I should have them move the bales to a different location every week...

Our dog Dandy enjoyed roaming around the paddocks with us. The boys got pretty itchy with all the straw dust each day, but they both commented that there have been very few ticks around the yard and pastures this year, so they are happy. 

K8 actually said that this 2-day work project was a lot of fun. That was music to my ears - he's back in my Will!

I had the easy job driving the truck and waiting for them to tell me when to pull forward.

We collected 114 small bales, which almost filled our little hay shed. Hope to get more from the fall cutting which should be enough to feed all the animals during a normal Ozark winter. K8 and I leave for Boy Scout summer camp Monday morning, so no posts until Saturday, 16 June.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new heading on the blog Dad! great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new picture too! These boys make for fun pictures on the ranch. I'm not sure I like tics. At least you can see them better than head lice. It went through several Kinder classes at the end of the school year, including ours.*shudder*
    You did have the easy job moving hay. The shed with hay looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That actually looks like a farm chore I would have fun doing . . . :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you offer any tips on installing walls in a metal building? I've searched and searched then finally found your picture above. I'm so tired of living in metal shop building and everyone has ideas but no one we've talked to has any real "I've done this" experience. I just want a real home again. we can't afford a contractor it's got to be a diy project but we don't want to weaken the structure. any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you offer any tips on installing walls in a metal building? I've searched and searched then finally found your picture above. I'm so tired of living in metal shop building and everyone has ideas but no one we've talked to has any real "I've done this" experience. I just want a real home again. we can't afford a contractor it's got to be a diy project but we don't want to weaken the structure. any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

    ReplyDelete