What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Another week

"S" had lots of fun at Church Girl's Camp out in the woods. Thanks for Photo by Laney A. and borrowed from her cool blog.

K7 assisted me at Cub Day Camp running the BB gun range. Fortunately the temperatures were only in the high 90's through our last day, then up to 100 F!

K7 assisted Dan in taking down part of the dead oak tree in backyard. I'll have to rent a man-lift next week in order for Dan to safely cut off the remaining branches and top before we'll be able to drop the whole tree. I wish the tree hadn't died, but it will provide plenty of firewood for next two years. Oh, by the way, the temperature on this day was 101 F!

"Sandie's" de-horning has finally healed. I moved her into paddock #3 so she could have fresh grass, but she ran straight to the one bale of hay we broke while loading a few weeks ago.

After a few mouthfuls of hay, she figured out that the fresh green grass really was better tasting than the dry brown stuff. With 4 days in the 100's and no rain due for a while, I hope all of our fields don't turn brown and dry.

One of the two young ewes we have for sale.

"S" and I went to the big town of West Plains this week. We both got haircuts and had a sweet heart date. Spent time in a used book store where I found this little gem of a movie. It has been on my wish list for several years. If you look up this movie at Amazon.com, you'll see why I never bought it from them - it ranges in price from $60 up to $110! I found it for $6 and didn't hesitate buying it. What a bargain. No, you can't borrow it this summer.

I also bought this paperback book. It is the sequel to the novel, "The Prisoner of Zenda", both written by Anthony Hope in the 1890's.

This is on the back of the novel. Not many adults in 2012 could read this novel, let alone children or youth. The dated prose of Hope's writing style of the 19th century would be too challenging for today's modern educated young people - they would lack the imagination, patience and vocabulary.

"S" brought her car back from camp covered in dirt and has been wanting to wash it for a week. Finally got to it today.

She washed it in the yard so some of our grass would get a little water. She laughed and said if she washes the car, it is certain to rain soon!

7 comments:

  1. Ok this is embarrassing...I didn't know you still viewed my blog cause you never left comments so I just suspected you didn't view it anymore. I have some pretty dumb stuff on there since I get so bored...(EMBARRASSING!) I guess I'll quit putting dumb stuff on there since now I know...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get some photos of the Jungle Book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camp was awesome, and we were totally entertained by the daily displays of drama and dance that happened when music was playing. :)

    I took my car to the car wash almost as soon as I got home. It was a MESS! I sure wish it would rain. I miss my pretty, green grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I certainly hope you didn't see my SUPER DUMB videos on photo booth...AHHH what have i done....!!!!! (i deleted them the second i found out...lol) i thought maddie was the only one that still cared about my blog...Ha ha ha. Guess I was wrong! Wow i am a fool. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laney,
    Relax! You have a very good Blog, and you always have great pictures. Don't worry, I don't watch any videos on any web page because of our slow internet. I saw Jungle Book play for first time tonight. KT has some pictures I'll add later. They cram a lot of people, songs and action into 45 minutes. It was only missing one thing - some Allens in the cast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why thank you! :) Well that's good...ha ha. I know I was so excited to be in the Jungle Book play and I was SO disappointed when I found out I couldn't. :(
    Well I really REALLY hope I can come see it this weekend cause everyone is telling me how great it is! So I'll try to make it down this weekend to watch you all preform!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I want to look up that Anthony Hope book to see if I have the imagination for it.
    Poor grass. Poor, poor grass. So bring on the rain!

    ReplyDelete