What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Boys setting-up Girl's camp?

K8 and I returned home from Boy Scout summer camp last Saturday morning. We had just enough time to fix a late breakfast before K2 conned all the guys in the house into going for a little ride out in the country to help set-up Girl's camp. We thought we were just going to load up a truck of stuff and take it to the camp site. Didn't even get a chance to take a hot shower after a week at camp! Didn't seem to bother K8, but I wasn't happy. I also had only 3 hours of sleep that last night... Dan was happy to catch a few more baby turtles for his aquarium. 

Beautiful camp site, but hard to get to...had to cross river twice in my 2-wheel drive truck, and barely got up last sandy bank. Really wish I had bought a 4-wheel truck back in 2008! After unloading the truck, we all thought we were finished. Not so fast buddy! K2 didn't tell us that there were many other tasks.

The camp was located on the "Flying R Ranch" in Missouri. 30 miles from nearest towns - Willow Springs and West Plains. 850 beautiful acres. Rated one of the "top 5" horse trail riding ranches in America. Has RV hook-ups, camping, stables, and log cabins along the river you can rent for a quiet get-away. The owner also raises a cross bred herd of Texas Longhorns and African Watusis. This picture does not do them justice - they were huge! The owner says the meat is delicious, but since I raise my own cattle, I can't see spending money on someone else's beef.

One of our previously unknown jobs was returning to the main ranch and inflating 42 tire tubes, then transporting them back over the river. I decided not to cross the last stretch and just threw them all into the river and let K7, K2, and K8 have a little fun while working.

K8 in red t-shirt on a double stack of tubes and K2 "winging" it. 

K7 saluting and K8 crashing.

K7, K8, and K2 working hard in their own unique way... We got home after 7:30 P.M. and I finally had my first shave/shower in a week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't get to have your shower until later, but thanks for all the help!
    GIRLS CAMP WAS AMAZING : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making Girl's Camp AWESOME! The swings were so much fun! Trust me they were so hogged you could barely get a chance to get on them! :) Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete