What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Busy Week

I am still aggressively pursuing lots and lots of wood chip mulch so I can start a "Back to Eden" type garden this spring. I called the electric company and got on their list of places to dump their tree trimmings. I got some from other places in town, and...

...I rented a wood mulching machine last Saturday, and K2 and the boys worked hard!

One day I got the truck stuck in the mud and had to call K2 to come rescue me with the tractor and chains.

He pulled me right out in a flash.

Had to drag the truck about 65 feet. It is great having big sons and tractors around.

K2 also finished trimming the master shower since I had not done it. He loves using his drills and saws.

We also put our first cow in the freezer. She was much too big for us to process the way we do sheep, so we hired Mike the professional "on-farm butcher" to come do it.

This cow had a crippled leg and back, and had never put on much weight, so we are only getting hamburger and stew meat.

After long busy days, K2 and the dogs were very tired late at night. What a great New Year's vacation!

2 comments:

  1. A very busy week! Big sons are handy to have too. What is that on the back of the front door?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas cards cover the back of the door.

    ReplyDelete