What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

After Christmas Partying

We travelled to Tulsa, OK, for a huge re-union with "S"'s family. Stayed in this very nice suite...with a TV! Watched the late night BYU vs Washington bowl game.

K2 laid down the law on proper hotel etiquette and dress.

Everyone was pleasantly surprised by the presence of K1 and her new baby boy Trevor., who flew in from the Left coast.

Grandma and Grandpa were our very gracious and generous hosts. 

Some of the grand children played football outside in the 20-something degree weather. Crazy. 

"S" with her Mom and Dad, after her five siblings and their families departed for their far flung homes in California, and Texas.

We made a detour on way home to visit with my Dad and sisters. 

We had a surprise back in Tulsa when we found our old favorite Vietnamese restaurant. We thought it had gone out of business many years ago! Turns out they had moved locations, and then moved again. Still has excellent spring rolls.

"S" had her usual pho soup, beef I think.

K7 had sweet and sour chicken, and I had some spicey chicken and veggie dish. Not as great as I remembered it, but still good. In the famous words of a Terminator, "I'll be back".

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like FUN! That's one of my favorite parts about the holidays . . .just being with all of your family and hanging out and just having fun : D

    -That food looks AMAZING! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me hungry for Vietnamese food. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love being with family especially when I don't see them very often!

    ReplyDelete