What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ducks

I have been fairly busy lately and the photos for new blog postings started to pile up, so I hope you aren't overwhelmed by me posting several entries tonight. We really love our 4 ducklings. After a few weeks of walking around the yard and the edge of the pond, they finally started going into the water. 

Now they spend most of their time in the water.

The guy on the left is the guy, the male duck, or drake. The three girls on the right will not develop the pretty green head and white neck band that the drake will eventually have. You can see the green color starting to grow from his bill back over his face and although you can't see it, he has a white spot starting on his throat.

We love to hear them quacking away during the day. It sounds like they are laughing, which is a pleasant noise. I throw fish food out for my blue gill perch and black crappie, and the ducks come cruising over to eat their share.

1 comment:

  1. They look like they are having a grand time! I love ducks.

    ReplyDelete