What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Took a little road trip to Texas

K3 wedding was scheduled for Saturday, 9 July. First time the entire family away from farm, so good neighbors would watch animals. Told the boys to load the luggage carrier in back of truck before the rain storm arrived. Oops! Looks like they waited too long.

Finally got on road and drove 12 hours, starting with rain and 86 degrees F in Ozarks and ending with drought and 102 degrees in south Texas. Why this pic of Toyota show room? Just 10 minutes short of destination, a nice State trooper pulled us over to inform me my rear tail light was out. Big surprise to me. He gave me a "warning" and I promised to get it fixed next day. K8 then asked him what kind of pistol he was wearing, which resulted in a friendly conversation for few minutes.

Waiting room at Toyota was pleasant, but no internet, so I was not able to update blog.

Driving a big V-8 powered truck on long road trip means lots of stops to refill gas tank. Some days, I wish I still had my 4 cylinder Honda CRV.

On way home after wedding, the boys and I discovered our favorite California burger place had opened a store north of Dallas on US 75. Unfortunately, everybody else who had ever been to California also stopped, and we all waited about 45 minutes in a massive line to get this great tasting "fast food". The temp outside was 105 degrees F (later reached 106 as we crossed Oklahoma). Very happy to return home to Ozarks and 71 F evening temp. 

3 comments:

  1. he he he you got pulled over, but the best part was the gun story.....I can so see K8 asking the cop what kind of gun he had....lol lol lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doggies look like they are trying to sneak in the bag for the trip.
    I will most definitly be stopping at that food joint on my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, in a way, little speed bumps like the moment with the cop is one of the things that make a road trip memorable, no? Well all's well that ends well. Looks like you had, more or less, a good trip and it's always nice to drive home after a long trip in your car!

    ReplyDelete