What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Danny's first college football game

My best friend and college roommate Dan invited me to the Oklahoma vs West Virginia game last Saturday, so I brought my son-in-law Danny along to experience his first college game in the right environment - the OU stadium. Kick-off was at 6:00 P.M. and the temperature was in the 90's!

We had a slight breeze which helped cool the temps down to 86! I wore my usual red OU polo shirt, but no one sent me the memo that we were supposed to wear "white" shirts in our seating section so we could have this cool red & white color scheme. I bought Danny and Konnor red OU t-shirts to keep me company.

Danny seemed to enjoy the game. I didn't. OU's offense struggled mightily and only scored 16 points - the lowest number of points I have seen in a home game in many years. Fortunately, the defense allowed West Virginia only 7 points, so we escaped with an ugly win. 

2 comments:

  1. Too bad about the offense, at least they won! That is a fun way to watch college football, in the stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete