What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Unsolicited product endorsement



I had never heard of CUTCO Knives, but 12 years ago I had a former high school student of mine selling knives to pay his way through his first year of college. He was a good kid, so I said "come on over and give me your sales pitch". I have never regretted it. I bought a "Trimmer", the model you see in this photo. The next year I had another former student (female) call me up and wanting to come over and "practice her sales pitch on me". She also had been a good student, plus I already loved CUTCO knives, so I said "come on over". I bought more knives. I have also occasionally given them as wedding presents.

Why this post? Because after 11 and 12 years, these 2 wonderful kitchen tools had their tips broken off! I was heart-broken as I use these knives several times a day. How can that happen? Upon questioning, all my sons denied breaking the tips, so the knives must have just worn out, right? I remembered CUTCO had a Forever Guarantee, so I packaged the knives and mailed them with a letter explaining their history and my fondness. I received 2 brand new knives in the mail this week. The Guarantee works and I am very happy to have my favorite kitchen knives back in hand! If you don't have any CUTCO knives, and you don't have any former students calling you up to practice their sales pitch, just go to this web page and spend your hard earned money on a great kitchen knife:
http://www.cutco.com/home.jsp

3 comments:

  1. How nice! Our knives, Mike was one of those who sold them very briefly, are a little less sharp. Mike said I should send them in. SO I might just do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahya! One of my favorite knives too! I only have one Cutco and it's great!
    The World's finest cutlery eh? Where are they made? I noticed looking through an A.G. Russell knife magazine today that a lot of the knives were not made in the U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked, and yes, Cutco is made in America. In the state of New York. The answer is right there on the home page of their website.
    At least now I know who to support when buying new kitchen cutlery.

    ReplyDelete