What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What a Great Husband I Am!

S has been dreaming of owning a few pure-bred Alpine dairy goats, so I got her two this morning.
This little cream colored girl is Jubilation. She will be ready for breeding in the next 4 or 5 months depending on how much weight she puts on.She did not want to be left behind on our neighbor's farm this morning. They also got 2 Alpines and are kind enough to temporarily board our girls for the next few weeks until I return permanently.






The brown girl with black face is Cinnamon, a three year old milking doe. We will be drinking her milk tomorrow.





















I also promised S that I would have chicken coops ready for the arrival of her chickens & guinea hens next month. Being the resourceful guy that I am, I thought of recycling the big crates in which our windows were shipped. Yes, I'll add nesting boxes, roost poles, wire screening, and a hinged back panel for ease in collecting the eggs from the nest boxes. No, I don't plan to paint them. Okay, maybe a coating of Oops paint.








And of course, after a hard day of working on the farm, S will need this other handy farm tool I purchased yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment