What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

In door sky diving

K6 and I drove to Kansas City last Friday night to pick up K8, who, on Saturday morning, was finishing up a week-long attendance at EFY (Especially For Youth). On the way home, we stopped at the iSky in door sky diving facility. They suited up and I watched.

They don't simulate jumping out of a plane or off a platform. There is a powerful turbo fan in the floor that blows wind up in excess of 100 miles per hour. The first session is low level orientation with an instructor (in red), then...

...they had a 2nd session where the instructor takes them a lot higher. This is K6 going into the "air tunnel" for his second flight. Most of my photos were blurry, so not many pics for you this time.

K8's first trip.

Later, on his second "flight", he got airborne. It was fun to watch. I could not participate because of having previously separated both my shoulders - the waiver doesn't allow it, because of the stress of raising your shoulder blades so far up and back. Since my left shoulder hurts every other week of my life just from putting on my truck's safety harness, I didn't bother. I think if we lived closer to KC and the boys had more experience doing this, they both would be doing incredible flying stunts. After each group is finished, the instructor puts on a little flying show, jetting up and down and all around, which is pretty cool - made me think of Spiderman without shooting his silk webs or Superman without his cape. I would give this place and activity two thumbs up - highly recommend you try it if you get the chance.

Things start winding down at night as we get ready for evening family scripture study, prayer and off to bed (at least for the little ones).



No comments:

Post a Comment