What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Story of the newest grandchild (#10)

KT had her 2nd child last Friday. I drove the 3 hours to their town to baby sit 2 1/2 year old Wiley. They said he didn't eat much, but I beg to differ. He started his day with a breakfast of grapes and apples...

...as his Mom and Dad headed to the hospital at 9:30 A.M.

I would get the occasional texted photo with status update. 

Meanwhile, back at the house, Wiley and I watched 30 old Looney Tune cartoon episodes that his Dad got the night before. They were great! We were both entertained for a few hours, taking frequent breaks for more food - usually cheese sticks and the odd peanut butter and homemade strawberry jam sandwich, washed down with chocolate almond milk or water. 

The birthing process finally reached the 10 centimeter point, which means things are about to get action packed.

I took Wiley outside a few times to let their dog get some exercise and potty breaks, and Wiley did some rock wall climbing before we settled in for a late night movie. He went to bed at the same time I got the last text...

...informing me of the arrival of Wiley's new little brother, Tyler, at 10:19 P.M. Mom and child doing well. They ordered pizza because they were all hungry, as well as tired. Dad and Grandma got back home at 12:30 A.M. after a long day, and I got some cold  but good pizza.
THE END

3 comments: