What?

...and a Slower Pace of Life!

Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

White stuff in May?



What happened?

I ordered 66 tons of lime to enrich the soil of our pastures. Other than cow poop and pee, it is the only other stuff I put on our earth as a soil enhancer. I had a mountain of lime piled up in paddock #6. 

Which got loaded into the spreader trucks, which went to work spreading it all over my lower pastures... 

...then on my upper pastures...

...and finally on my brother-in-law's pastures down the road from our farm. Lime feeds the grasses which grow stronger and push out the weeds. The whole operation took 4 hours, during which I was praying it wouldn't rain - which would have gummed up the truck's spreaders and halted our fun. I enjoyed working with John and Rusty. I learned a lot from these two hard working and Godly men.

Purty

1 comment:

  1. You had me! You really made me think it was snow at first, since it snowed in Colorado this month. Psych! I get it now.

    ReplyDelete